Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cozy Slipper Socks

My sister's house has some hard, cold flooring, so what better to make for her and her husband than these very chunky, very warm slipper socks?






I've been kicking against the idea of knitting socks for a long time now, thinking it would just be way too tedious and hard.  These were not that bad.  I realize the needle and yarn sizes are ten times those that I would use for normal socks, but this could certainly be considered my gateway project to real live socks.  Still, don't hold your breath.


Cost: $9 for yarn
I used Lion Brand Thick & Quick, which I was lucky to find on sale at Michael's for $4.50 a skein.  Normally it's around $7.


Hidden Cost: While making these, Devin and I fell in love with them so I had to make two more pairs for us.

1 comment: