Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Headwrap Mania



Word somehow got out at our restaurant that I was making headwraps.  Before I knew it, two of the servers, Sally & Cecily, had placed orders.  Devin told them I'd do it for $10 a piece if they bought their own yarn.  And so began my commissioned knitting career.  In the end I ended up making five, so now I have $50 to spend on yarn, I guess.  Or needles.  I've been eyeing these fancy interchangeable ones.





Cecily's yarn was really chunky yarn, so it was even faster to knit.  I love how much the texture stands out with the thicker yarn, especially on the orange wrap.













They were good sports when I showed up after the lunch rush to take a million pictures of them.



Making all these in a short period of time, I discovered that it's a bit more fun to make stuff for myself or for gifts than it is to mass-produce for cash.  Just a thought.

2 comments:

  1. These look so great! If I lived in Utah or another cold place I would pay you to make me one. :)

    I am impressed with your photography skills, too!

    ReplyDelete