Monday, March 8, 2010

Gifts #10 & 11: Knit Headwraps



Two of my lovely sisters-in-law, Mary and Anna, were born in February, so I made them each a birthday headwrap.  There were a lot of patterns and ideas online, but this was the most helpful, so I loosely followed it.  Once I got the hang of it, it was pretty quick and easy.  The hardest part was figuring out how to attach the flowers without making the whole thing look weird.


Here is Mary showing off her new accessory, and her new baby Millie (check out that hair)!




And here's a look at the side and back:




As an afterthought, I used leftover yarn to make another wrap for little Millie.  Here's hoping she doesn't grow out of it before I can get it to her.


Cost:
I bought one skein of yarn for $1.20.  After all three headwraps, I probably still have enough left for another adult-sized one.
The buttons were from my stash, so basically free.
I'd say this takes the cost-effective cake so far.

2 comments:

  1. i want one!
    these are so cute.

    and how cute is mary?
    she's such a doll and
    their baby is so sweet!
    this is the first
    i've seen of her.

    again, love the head bands!
    nice job little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job. Mary totally rocks the look, too.
    glad mine were headband flowers and not headWRAP flowers. something about this Texas heat and humidity... yeah, just wouldn't get the use it deserves.

    ReplyDelete