Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Gift #3: Chunky Baby Hat


I'm throwing a baby shower tomorrow for my neighbor. She's due really soon, so I'm hoping the baby doesn't come before the presents are unwrapped. For her little girl, I made this chunky knit hat (adapted from an adult earflap hat pattern) and added a flower to make it more cutesy. The great thing about this hat is that it's super fast to make. I watched a few episodes of Scrubs and was done. The flower took another 1/2 movie, since I had lost the pattern and had to make it up from memory, trial-and-error style.


My only regret is that I cast off pretty tightly, so the baby may not be able to wear it for very long. But it'll warm up soon anyway, and this is definitely a winter hat.


total cost: $0.00 since I already had all the yarn

No comments:

Post a Comment