Saturday, February 13, 2010

Gift #5: Love Note{book}s



Another online find that I had to try: cereal box journals from The Long Thread.


A couple months ago I read about a couple who each kept a notebook by their bed and periodically wrote notes to each other in them.  It was nothing regular - just whenever they thought of it, they'd write something in the other's book, and now and then they'd open their own books and find a bunch of love notes.  I think that would be great, so I made a pair for Devin & me for Valentine's Day.


The paper was some that I'd ripped out of a fancy store-bought journal to make room for pictures in the book.  For five years that paper sat forsaken in a desk drawer, too pretty to throw away.  But now it has found a use!




I glued scrapbook paper on the inside covers (so as not to show the nutritional information of Kix).  The lettering on the front was a free font downloaded from here.  This project was fun and basically free.  Awesome.

3 comments: