Thursday, February 25, 2010

Gift to Myself: Jewelry Boards



I've never had a good way to store my jewelry.  I don't have a ton, but it always gets tangled because I keep it all together in a box.  I know.  Devin got me an awesome, yet seriously tangle-able, necklace/bracelet set for Valentine's Day (see above - almost all the way to the left), so I decided to finally fix the problem.


I got two 12" square cork boards, stapled fabric tightly around them, and used push pins to hang all the jewelry.  Someday I'll rearrange it so it looks cool and/or makes sense, but for now, I'm just happy that everything is out of the box and not getting tangled.


The cork boards came with double-sided adhesive strips, so that's how I hung them.  Hopefully it won't destroy my wall.


This was such a quick and easy project (less than an hour with ironing), and I even have two more cork boards and leftover fabric in case I acquire more jewelry.


Cost:
$1.48  3/4 yd of discounted fabric from the remnants bin
$2.97  2 cork boards (4 for $5.94)
$1.44  100 push pins (I hardly need them all)
$5.89  total

1 comment:

  1. i love jewelry boards!
    i've actually got one
    in the works so i'll
    let you know how it turns out.

    catie p.

    ReplyDelete